Thursday, July 28, 2011

Latest Figures

It's been too long since I posted, so hopefully I'll add two posts today.
The first will be a few figures I've painted for colonials.
Ral Partha Highlanders.  I always swore that I would never paint these figures because of the details on the jacket and kilt.  So I cheated, khaki jackets, and only one horizontal line on the kilt.  I also snipped the officer's sword from his pith helmet and put it into what I feel is a more natural position.

And now the mounted officer.  The figure supplied is the one from the Zulu war command pack, so I cut off his head and replaced it from an unfortunate Highlander extra figure.  I also moved the sword arm, but you can't really see that in the photo.  I call these the 52nd RKO Highlanders (after "Gunga Din").


Now all I need to do is remove the rifles from the hands af a few figures to have the Higlander artillerymen used in Gunga Din.  I've go plenty of elephants, so a pack of Gatling guns from Creative Endeavours, and I've got one to mount on the elephant, and one for battle!

These are in a 20-man unit to fit Colonial Adventures, or The Sword And The Flame.
Since 2 sets of command came in the command pack, I have another 20 to paint!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work Ken! I look forward to seeing them on a gaming table!

    Thanks!
    Brian (Pensacola)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken,

    Great job on the Highlanders!

    Jim (AKA Col Campbell)

    ReplyDelete