Sunday, February 10, 2019

Myriad Things That Languished On The Painting Table.

I've been down with a bit of congestion lately, nothing serious, but enough with the bad weather to keep me from starting or continuing on any projects. So, a tiny portion of the stuff that has set on my painting for months or (ahem) years has been finished.

First up, there is a plethora of Dejah Thoris (es?).  The one on the left is from the lamented Parroom Station line; the others from Bronze Age Miniatures.  I should point out that these are older figures.  The newer ones are slotta-based. 


Next are Friar Tuck and Little John, from Games Workshop.  The figure for Robin Hood (and Maid Marion) was finished years ago, but these didn't "grab" me as well.

This is the last of my 1001 Nights figures from Reaper Minis. The blue stripes on the pants were painted over the ochre base, though the photo makes it seem otherwise.

...And not Jayne Cobb from Reaper again. I had painted the figure as a 1930's space jock, when the hat and too-modern weapons forced me to repaint him as the hero of Jayneville.

I'm sure this is a Janet Guthrie figure from Reaper, and probably previously from Grenadier.  I have another figure in identical rig, but in a less dynamic pose.

And now we come to the children, of which there are never enough minis.  The one on the left is Wargames Factory, then Reaper, Rebel Minis, and Reaper again.  I painted the boy with the choo-choo with a water pistol, but with modern handguns coming in many colors, it could be a small calibre semi-auto.

Wargames Factory survivor packs supplied the parts for the next two.  Archer fans may recognize an underweight Pam Poovey. We really enjoyed the Tales of the Golden Monkey run.  And yes, I'm working on a coconut bikini-clad Pam, from the chubby Reaper succubus.

Another figure from the Wargames Factory female survivor pack, loaded with pipe bombs and an A-47 or one of its many derivatives. She's torn her jeans.


These guys are from Hasselfree and THW (Two Hour Wargames), adding to my pistol-armed men.  I realized in my convention zombie games that I had too many men with automatic weapons, making it too easy for them to slaughter zombies.  And the guy on the right is one you really want to meet; a drunk with a firearm!

This is a Black Orc Games cheapo figure.  They had a section on their website where one could sculpt a figure and they would add it to their cheapo line. I suppose this is a cultist with the all-seeing eye.

And finally, another Black Orc Games figure.  Though there is some forshortening  due to the camera angle her right hand is really too large.  And she has a little surprise for anyone who responds to her becconing and approaches too closely.


Others may take meds and slump in a chair, but I paint figures when under the weather.


1 comment:

  1. 5 watts power supply titanium - Vitanium Art
    5 titanium rings watts power supply titanium price titanium · A high microtouch titanium trim reviews performance amplifier for high titanium wedding bands for men performance guitars · Studio Grade Electro-grade power supply · Low-priced titanium easy flux 125 amp welder low-priced high-

    ReplyDelete