Sunday, May 31, 2020

Rogue Trooper Redux

Yes I'm replaying Rogue Trooper on PS4 (received as a points reward.)  These were painted long ago, so of course, I ordered more From Bronze Age Miniatures.  Unfortunately, most of the blue boys are no longer available. Nor is the sentry bot.  I believe that Games Workshop is about to produce some, doubtless at $50 for 5 plastic figures.

The first one kinda reminds me of Gunnar. Hubba-hubba for the second.

The first is a female in one of those ballet poses that BAM was so fond of. The right-hand figure is the one I use for Rogue himself.

A very aggressive figure on the left, and another female ballerina.

A Nord sergeant, and kneeling soldier.  All Nord figures are available. The upright "thing" on the sarge's back is merely a piece of brass rod with a piece of brass tubing slipped over it.

More Nords.

And still more Nords.

For those that never played the older version, Rebellion introduced it in 2006.  It is a TPS, Third Person Shooter (I've given you a new definition today!). The Redux edition is basically a remaster for more modern systems. Of course, it all began with the 2000AD comic in 1981.  I can't say that I have more than a passing acquaintance with the comic, but my understanding is that the video game does credit to the comic.  It is also relatively easy, compared to the more frantic games that came after 

1 comment:

  1. I am in error. Warlord Games holds the current rights, so we might see some at reasonable prices. The only photo I've seen seems to use figures from an ill-fated kickstarter a few years back.

    ReplyDelete